Saturday, October 18, 2008

May 2008 - A weekend to remember


How could I have forgotten this?! In the middle of May, my good friend Carol flew in from Utah, my good friend Camden, and I all got together for a girls weekend!!! It was wonderful! This is something that I have NEVER done. That's right. I have NEVER left Brian in charge of ALL our children for any length of time (overnight or otherwise). I'm not sure how this has happened. Brian and I have taken trips together away from the kids, and he's been away from home his own share of the time, but for some reason, I have never gotten away. This was a much needed, much deserved break for me. I was so ready to go, that I'm afraid I was not empathetic to Brian's situation. I didn't prepare any meals, play dates, schedules, or movies, and I was even gone Sunday morning. I was so excited for Brian to experience it all! (He did take them to IHop for breakfast and had the entire restaurant looking in their direction as Zach did his shrill squeal as Will took his coloring page or something like that.) I could only laugh and smile and I was so glad he was having this experience. Anyway, I'm getting away from myself. I had a wonderful weekend talking with my friends, getting pedicures, shopping, eating, and just chatting. Just thinking about it makes me want to do it again! Thanks girls, and Thanks Brian. I really needed that!

No comments: