Sunday, October 19, 2008

July 2008 - Idaho, the great getaway

We arrived in Idaho on a Monday and there was non-stop action during our week there. Brian had gone back to Texas, but my brother Paul came to Idaho with us. We really enjoyed spending more time with him. We don't get to see him enough, so it was great for the kids to get to know him better. Here are some things we never miss out on when we go to Idaho:

Swimming in the little poolJumping on the trampoline with the sprinklerVisiting Jenson's Grove LakeVisiting Great-Grandma & Grandpa Jacobson's Farm

A visit to the local pool

And a trip to the Tautphaus Park Zoo in Idaho Falls

Wow! What a week. Thanks mom and dad for showing us a fun time. We were also able to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Herbst which is always a treat. I must have forgotten to take my camera because I don't have any pictures of the visit. It was great catching up with them and it always makes me a little sad that we live so far away from our families. I wish we could see you more. And a BIG thanks to Paul who helped get Zach to bed every night because Zach discovered how to climb out of the crib on this trip! It made bedtime rather difficult, and Paul rocked him for hours! Thanks for everything. We'll be back next year.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Rachelle! It's so fun to see an update of your family! I loved all the pictures, especially the one of the new TV with Full House on! It's nice to know we haven't all forgotten the classics! I am loving this blogging thing and how nice it is to be able to keep up on eachother! We need to convince the rest of our family to get going! Send our love to your family! Take care!
Angie

amy stansel said...

Rachelle!!! Sooooo good to get some updates. I love it!! I love the one of will asleep with the popcorn bowl!! funny! Keep the pictures coming!!! welcome back!!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

It was fun catching up on what you have been up to! Jessica liked the fact that your new tv had Full House playing on it....was that Brian who was watching that show???

Ralph and Teresa said...

Rachelle,
Thanks for all these fun updates! I especially LOVED the bar full of cars! So cute!