Saturday, June 16, 2007

A new Pet?


I was driving home from the store and saw this big rock on the side of the road. As I got closer, I saw that the "rock" was actually moving and trying to get up the curb! It turned out to be a turtle!!! Surprising even myself, I pulled the van into a nearby apartment complex, and walked back to get the turtle. I brought it home and needless to say, the kids were ecstatic! We left him (or her) outside in the back yard to hang out. The kids really wanted to keep Turtle, but I insisted that our backyard habitat wasn't good enough for Turtle, and we would return him to a park where we'd seen other turtles, so he could have friends. The next morning, I went out early to put chemicals in the pool, and what do you think was IN the pool? TURTLE!! It took a while, but I finally got him out with the skimmer, then we took him to the park and set him free.

2 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

How fun! I'm sure your kids loved having a turtle around for a few days...seems like a kids dream to add any pet to their lives especially such an exotic one

Amy said...

That is sooooo cute rachelle. i love will's picture with his hands on his face. YOu are a good mom. Funny it ended up in teh pool!!!