Saturday, June 16, 2007

All dressed up on a Tuesday???




Well, we definitly had a place to go this last week as Brian's company helps sponser the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and there was a benefit dinner that he was to attend. I had the option of going, too, so I found a babysitter...then I found out that it was Black Tie! Oh, My! Brian's previous company parties were always Black Tie (optional), but there was nothing optional about this one. Brian bought a tux, and after much shopping (which was EXTREMELY difficult with my modesty standards) I finally found something suitable. The pictures don't do us justice, but I though we looked pretty good! Everyone was dressed up fancy, the dinner was wonderful, and we got to hear the speaches from 8 B&G club state reps. Then that night, one of those 8 was chosen to receive a $10,000 scholarship! What a night. It was fun to dress up and go out, and I'll never forget those kids, and the obstacles they overcame to be where they are today.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Rachelle you (and brian) look gorgeous!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress on you. You look so good and it's a beautiful dress. I haven't had time to read all the other posts yet but the pictures are great. I'll read them later. I've never been to a black tie event. It always sounds like so much fun!!

Elizabeth said...

Rachelle, that is so cool that his company sponsors such a good cause! Also, I love getting dressed up and going out with Mike, it's such a treat and I feel like such a grown up! You two look great, I LOVE your dress!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

How fun to get all dressed up for something! It's not often that you get to be fancy. You guys look great and sounds like you had a ton of fun!

Alisa said...

Wow!! You look great!!! I love to dress up every once in a while!! I love that you know you looked so good that night!! What a fun event!

Katie and Eric said...

Sounds like fun! You guys look great! Beautiful dress.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

How fun to get DRESSED UP AND HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO!!! You are such a good looking couple! I love all the other new pictures, too....I can't wait for Kayleigh to see Will....she is my adventure kid....she rides Jessica's scooter, a training wheel....we haven't done roller skates, but I have a feeling she would do that with Will! It will be fun to see them together this summer!

Camie said...

Rachelle--you look gorgeous! It must be really tough to find something black tie and modest--you found a fantastic dress! I'm so glad you were able to go--it sounds like it was worth the work!

Ralph and Teresa said...

Rachelle and Brian...what a handsome couple you make!! How fun!! Love, Teresa