Saturday, April 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Cami!

Today is Cami's birthday and it started with yummy buttermilk pancakes with strawberry syrup (Cami's favorites). Then we watched her open her gifts and then headed to her soccer game! Wow, what a morning.

Later that day, we had a party! 7 of Cami's friends came over for a doggie themed party. We started by having the girls decorate their own "doggie bags" or goodie bags. We had dog stickers, markers, glue, foamies, and other misc. craft stuff for them to decorate their bags. When they were finished, they all got a treat for doing a good job! Next was games. First I had them find some dog treats (Scooby snacks in baggies) that were hidden around the house. I had hidden them at doggie level, so they had to look for them on their hands and knees. The next game was "Dog Trainer Says" like Simon Says, but you give dog commands. Then we went outside for a fun round of Doggie Chase Your Tail where the girls line up and hold on to eachother and the first in line is the "head" and the last in line is the "tail" and has a sock in her back pocket. The front of the line chases the back of the line, or "chases its tail". The girls had a lot of fun doing that. Then we had a drink break, then back outside for Red Rover and a round of the traditional Kick the Can!




Finally back inside for CAKE! I'm no baker, but we came up with a very cute idea and it turned out ok. We made the cake to look like a doggie bowl filled with food. The cake is 4 layers of yellow cake with centers cut out of the top two layers. I frosted then decorated, then filled the bowl with food (in this case it was Hersheys chocolate chip Kiss cookies). It was a hit!



At the end of the party, Cami let every girl choose her own doggie w/puppy to take home and we went outside to play more while waiting for parents to come. It was a great party and the girls had a lot of fun. Hey, I can plan these in my sleep now that i'm a den mother. This was a "piece of Cake"!
Oh, and here's Will waiting for cake....

7 comments:

Liz said...

what a cute idea! it looks like the girls had a lot of fun. and, i am very impressed with the doggie bowl cake. great idea rachelle! and, by the way, cami looks a lot like you!

Katie and Eric said...

Wow, what a day! That was quite the party. I looks like everyone had a great time. Happy Birthday Cami!!!

Alisa said...

I was thinking the same thing as Liz...in these picture I totally see Rachelle in Cami! Also, she looks so grown up!! Her hair has gotten very long, hasn't it?!! Looks like it was a fun party!

Camie said...

This is a great party theme Rachelle--you really are a pro! Lydia would love it, she's really into dogs and cats right now! Thanks for sharing the cute pics!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Happy Birthday Cami! I loved your birthday cake--What a fun idea!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh rachelle! What an adorable idea and i LOVE the cake. Very creative! Looks like everyone had fun.
speaking of fun - hope you are having tons of fun in Hawaii. I know you are. Can't wait to see pictures when you get back!
amy

Ryan and Brittney said...

Rachelle, relay this one on to Brian... Brian, I was just looking at the blog and I thought to myself, how does Brian have so many kids that are all old???? :) (Don't get me wrong, I understand the chemistry, genetics, and growing process, but I just don't remember enough time passing for them to be that old!)...that's from your cousin who you now know is very bad at keeping in touch with some of the older cousins, sorry!!