Monday, September 17, 2007

A shout out to Alisa...this one's for the girls!

Right before Alisa got married, she gave me a CD that she'd made for all the "girls". I listened to it and loved it!! (By the way...i'd love to know the artists and song titles...i have no idea on some of them.) Anyway, on our trip home from Utah, the kids were getting a bit antsy in the car, so I put in Alisa's CD and skipped it forward to a track that i thought they'd really like. To my surprise, the kids started belting out the words! "Children walking next to mothers, sisters walking next to brothers, fathers keepin' those wagons goin' ..." i was shocked and then they told me that all the time's they'd ridden in the car with Alisa, they were listening to her CD! Although one question keeps coming up about that song...Who is Joshua...the kids think it's a horse because the lyrics say, "Whoa, Joshua!" Somehow I don't think that he's a horse, but it's funny anyway.

OK, so one more story...I listen to the CD in the car all the time and though I like all the songs, sometimes you're in the mood for something else. So in the middle of one of the songs I skipped ahead to one of the other songs, and Will started protesting from the back of the van, "hey, mom...i like that song...put it back!" I had no idea that he was even listening. Now he sings along to the words he knows, so I won't change the song in the middle!!!!

So, Thanks Alisa! We love the CD!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad you like it!! I didn't know if people would really listen to it or not. That's a funny story about Will.

Apparently Joshua from the Old Testament is being compared to Brigham Young....something like that. That's what somebody told me....?

Liz said...

so, i always listen to that cd in the car too. it's sooo good. next time we're together, rachelle, we'll have to put it on and sing all the songs together (with will, too, of course!!)

Katie and Eric said...

We love that CD! Annie and Cameron definately have their favorites that we have to listen to. It is such a fun mix!!!